Friday, November 14, 2014

Friday, November 14th- Berlin Wall


It had been twenty- eight years since I last saw Oma (grandmother). Mutter (mother), Vater (father), Adele, and I live in West Germany while Oma lives in East Germany. Adele and I use to go and visit her every Sunday, but since the Soviet Union now controlled East Germany we could not go visit her. I miss her very much. I miss how she use to read me stories or how she would give me Kekse. All that was changed today though. Today, was a very special day. They were tearing down the wall that kept me from visiting Oma. The wall that kept her out of my life for twenty eight years. None of that mattered anymore, for today we would make up for lost time. We would do everything; read, bake, share stories. Mutter, Vater, Adele, and I went to where the gates were open, waiting for Oma. We waited for her for hours, and then Adelaide, Oma's sister, told us she did not make it to see the gates open. I was crushed, and started crying. How could she of not made it? I thought she was so strong! Did she not care about what was waiting for her on the other sides of the gates? All these questions ran through my mind as I drifted off to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. This was very touching and seemed like a real story. Great job!

    ReplyDelete