Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Tuesday, December 9 - Persona Poetry


Billy Joel

It all started in those little piano bars,
Helping mom meet ends meet,
not graduating with my class,
started my musical career.
Not going to Columbia University,
instead Columbia Records.
Founding Echoes,
seeing the Beetles.
My life was forever changed.
Attempting suicide,
Meeting Elizabeth,
having a son
Ruining Attila
Being signed to Family Productions,
selling Cold Spring Harbor.
Things were rough
I had hit the charts!
Leaving the world for six months,
writing Piano Man, my greatest hit.
Opening for the Beach Boys,
touring the United States.
Life couldn't have gotten any better.
Except when I was called a soft-rocker,
these labels insulted me.
Losing a Grammy was the end.
Going to the Soviet Union,
Going No. 1 on the Billboards,
Playing in Madison Square Garden,
its been rough,
but it's worth it.






No comments:

Post a Comment