Friday, August 15, 2014

Friday, August 15- Kindergarten

My first day of Kindergarten was different than the first day of Preschool. It was a full day, with big kids. I had a Strawberry Shortcake backpack that was pink and a matching lunchbox. My older cousin went to the same school, but as most older kids she did not want to be seen with a "baby". I remember that I had got to meet my teacher a few days before I had actually started. Unlike most kids I was the talkative student even on the first day, so of course I became friends with all three sets on twins. Two sets were identical, but the other one was not. I remember we had this behavior chart, and me being who I am, got put on red on the very first day. Red is bad behavior, yellow is ok but you aren't good, and green was the best. That day was the start of many red card days. I made many art projects that day. We made a tye-dye butterfly with makers, I made this little angle with glitter, and I also made a handprint butterfly. Those were the days. You got lunch, a nap, and then got to play. I, unlike now, did cry on the first day of school when it was over because I did not want it to end. Little did I know that all of that would change ten years later. Also that I would stop being as talkative, and I would end up liking naps.

No comments:

Post a Comment