Thursday, September 25, 2014

Thursday, September 25 - Bad Mistake


My biggest mistake was getting caught into the wrong crowd of "friends". I ruined many friendships because of these people, and that was one of the reasons that this was one of the biggest mistakes. It was 8th grade year, and I rode the bus. My bus was a middle and high school bus, so there were obviously those high schoolers that did bad things, who hung out with bad people, and they just were overall a bad person. I had rode this bus since 6th grade, so I already knew them. My two best friends who were on the bus moved, so I felt alone. To fill that loneliness, I started hanging out with the high school kids. Eventually I started doing the bad things they did, it took me along to realize how deep of a hole I dug for myself. It also took me a long time to realize I was one of them. I was one of those bad kids. I always made up these excuses for their behavior, and kept telling myself it would be okay. It really wasn't okay. Slowly I started filling the hole, but not with cement. I filled it with sand, and when the water would wash over it, I would sink back into the hole. By the time I realized I needed to fill the hole with cement, it was end of freshman year. I have finally filled the hole with cement, and I am now standing on the cement where my foot prints are. My foot prints are there to remind me of what I went through, and to remind me not to go left instead of right.

1 comment:

  1. Positive = yeah, I guess that's a pretty big mistake
    Constructive = I was really confused at the ending. You might want to lighten up on all the metaphors.

    ReplyDelete